Join Summer Character Bootcamp
Challenge yourself to finish your next best character at our 6-day event 🔥
By submitting the form, you allow us send you communication about the Bootcamp. You can unsubscribe any time.
Registrations close in:
Artwork by Art Heroes alumni
Master Character workflow in ZBrush and create your new piece in just 6 days.
📌July 6 - 12 2021
We're bringing together amazing instructors, daily workshops and community to help you along the way 💪
- Blocking out stylized silhouettes
- How to build a cool looking silhouette out of simple shapes
- Take the blockout one step further by scultping the merged model
- How to keep shapes clean
Detailing and texturing
- Adding details to your character and finishing the sculpt
- How to approach the clothes blockout in stylized characters
- Simple methodology for tackling texturing in ZBrush
Long Stylized Hair
- Simple methodology to make long hair inside ZBrush
- Create Stylized hair without fancy brushes
- Using hair to give motion and silhouette
- 🔥 Bonus: curly hair methodology
- ❗️Get 1:1 instructor feedback on your model
- Practical and constructive recommendations for next steps
- Get all of your questions answered, live
Finalize your project
- Finish and present your character with our final set of tips
- Access a workshop on posing and presentation
- 🔥 Get a chance to win a scholarship for further learning when you complete all the asignments of the bootcamp
Submit & publish!
- Show your character to the world
- Submit your end result and publish on social to get more exposure
- 🔥 Show most progress and get featured in our Bootcamp Gallery
What you can expect
When attending the Bootcamp, make sure you're blocking time on your calendar.
Trust us, it's worth it!
Step-by-step tips to follow along
Get a breakdown of compicated concepts in follow-along instructions
From simple concepts to complex features
Build your next character using the concepts that we explore together, incorporate something new in your workflow and publish for other artists to see!
Private Discord Community for more feedback
During the Bootcamps, we all collaborate to make the most of this experience.
You'll get an invite to join our private Discord server where all artists get together.
We'd love you to be a part of this!
Participate in scholarship raffles
Every day we raffle scholarships for mentorship programs and access to character classes among challenge participants.
When you submit your WIPs, you're eligible! Simple.
⭐️ Make use of one summer week to upgrade your character art skills
Learn and apply new tools
Finish a character in just a week
Meet other artists
Get feedback on your progress
Gain extra motivation
3D Character Artist
An expert of Game characters, Hugo Sena is a lead character artist at Rouge Factor and based in Montreal. Not only is he jumping from sculpting to texturing on the daily but he simultaneously manages a team of artists. Hugo loves everything there is about characters, be it realistic, cartoony, subhuman and everything in between.
3D Modeler / Concept Artist
Oscar Trejo has been in the industry for over 7 years, working in a variety of different projects from video games & animation, toys, jewelry design & medical prosthesis. Oscar has been streaming in the Pixologic Zbrush channel for 2 years and recently developed an IP for an animation show.
3D Character Artist / Concept Artist
Alfredo Baro, based in Mexico, is a passionate 3D artist and modeler. Alfredo has been working as a freelance artist and instructor.
He has mentored 150+ students on stylized characters and created his signature ZBrush Fundamentals program, making ZBrush more accessible to artists worldwide.
Hear what other Bootcamp participants have to say
We have ran 3 character Bootcamps over the past years and we keep doing this because our community ♥️ them.
I loved interacting with the Bootcamp group/community. Seeing all of the talent gave me more incentive to push my art harder.
I got a ton of motivation - I want so bad to be seen as an artist and im happy that my work born some emotions to other. That was best what I could expect even if im just noob in digital art.
I learned many facts and tricks from the webinars, also I got to know other artists
The best thing was meeting new people, learn new skills and see how other Artists to they stuff
Cool people, great artists, amazing atmosphere!
I loved the possibility of getting visibility!
Past Bootcamp editions
Every Bootcamp is bigger and better than before.
From beginner and intermediate artists to young professionals, you can surely find your tribe ✊
Join the community for even more character art fun this summer!
We've got you covered.
Read our Bootcamp FAQs below if you have any doubts